Pets 2 the Rescue
Pets 2 the Rescue
Pets Want to Help, Too!
is a national virtual run/walk/bike event to help care for homeless dogs & cats and the organizations that care for them and find them homes. Shelters/agencies were selected in each state with priority given to no-kill organizations.
Our selected organizations provide shelter, love and care, reunite lost pets with their owners and find new forever homes for homeless pets, and provide access to spay & neuter services.HOW IT WORKS:
Pets 2 the Rescue is divided into 5 regional events.
- SOUTHEAST (THIS event): Alabama, Arkansas, District of Columnbia, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, Louisiana, Mississippi, North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee, Virginia, and West Virginia.
- Northeast: Connecticut, Maine, Massachusettes, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania, and Vermont
- Midwest: Indiana, Illinois, Iowa, Kansas, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, Nebraska, North Dakota, Ohio, South Dakota, Wisconsin
- Southwest: Arizona, New Mexico, Oklahoma, Texas
- West: Alaska, California, Colorado, Hawaii, Idaho, Montana, Nevada, Utah, Washington, Wyoming
Participating in Pets 2 the Rescue is easy:
- Register for the virtual 1 Mile run/walk, virtual 5K run/walk or virtual bike ride in your region for just $10. Registration is open until 11:59 pm on June 15. As you register you will be asked to select one of the shelters in your region as your race charity. 100% of your $10 registration fee (plus any additional donation you choose to add) will go to that organization. That's right... 100%!
- Run/Walk/Bike the distance you registered for. Record your time. Use the free ItsYourRace app to automatically record and time your run/walk or just make a note of your time.
- Report your time. The free "IYR Virtual" mobile app will do this automatically for the run/walk/bike OR you may enter your time manually by clicking the "Update Time" button next to your name in the race results for your regional event. Everyone who submits their time is entered in a drawing for "door prizes".